The event, Oasis 2020: Hope and Possibility, is our gift to you after the crushing and confusing losses many of us have experienced this year. The event will be streamed on our website.
We are so excited about this show, and when you see the lineup, we think you’ll see why. Hosted by our founder, broadcast journalist Cathy Wurzer, our event will feature:
- Kao Kalia Yang—award-winning Hmong-American author, public speaker, and teacher
- Tesfa Wondemagegnehu—educator, conductor, singer, and composer
- Liwanag Ojala—CEO, CaringBridge
- Susana di Palma—choreographer, dancer, and artistic director at Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre
- Craig Minowa—musician and front man, Cloud Cult
- The Steeles—singers
- Jacquelyn Fletcher Johnson—author, motivational speaker, and breast cancer survivor
- Dr. Pauline Boss—grief researcher and professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota
- Dr. Henry Emmons—integrative psychiatrist and resilience expert
- Laura Sewell—cellist and founder of the award-winning Lark Quartet
Here are four ways you can participate:
- Tune in to our show! (Mark your calendar now so you don’t forget!)
- Remember a loved one: Have you lost someone during the pandemic? Take a photo or video of you lighting a candle in memory of a loved one, tell us who you’re remembering, and send it to us at email@example.com. We’ll use it during a special candle-lighting and remembrance time at the beginning of the event.
- Share your story: How has your life changed? What have you lost and/or gained? Submit a short video of your response, and we will feature it in the event. Email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
- Become a co-producer: The George Family Foundation has offered a $5,000 match to help pay for the production, and we need your help in raising funds so we can receive this incredible gift. Give today, and your donation will have double the impact and you will become a “co-producer” of the event.
We can’t wait to share an evening of music, poetry, performances, and conversation with you!